Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 9, what a super unreal day...

Today was one of those days I couldn't wait to happen,

There were some killer adventures for the day ahead.  I had a little free time to catch up on some stuff and then saw my friend's dogs and decided to make them my supermodels, lol.

Up to bat first was Lani, she kept her composure and kept poised...


And then there was Lucky, who kept it cool and collected...


My friend picked me up and then we went to get some grub, so we stopped at Rutt's, who's famous for Hawaii style local food.  When we got there, right next door to the restaurant I saw a graff'd up truck, killer.


 So I was hella hungry and had one of those moments when your eyes is too big for your stomach.  I ordered me a char siu saimin and a teri burger.  I thought I was gonna explode.





So after I feast, we booked on over to Toy Art Gallery, aka TAG to check out one of the most unreal urban figures and paintings and kaiju collections in the world.  You have no idea how excited I was to finally see this place in person, I was full on like a little kid going to Disneyland for the first time.  What was even more unreal was that I got the invite from the head boss of TAG to get a tour of their corporate headquarters, man it was so hard to keep my composure.  When I stepped through the doors, it was hella friggen unreal, I mean hella unreal.  There were TONS of pieces including 1 off figs and paintings, I was trippin big time.  What was even more super cool was that the TAG team was super cool, and super friendly.  Man, as I write about it now, I'm still super stoked.


So after I regrouped for a bit, I got my own little private tour of the TAG's Jouwe Custom show, which is based off of my good friend Marine's Jouwe Tummy figure.  To see these customs up close and personal (literally) was mind blowing, the pics you see from online barely capture the vividness and details of these awesome pieces.  I was seriously in heaven.


I gotta give mad props to the TAG Team, it was a HUGE honor to be able to meet the team and check out the stuff that I saw, man, I can't believe it.  Upon leaving the TAG crib, I got a view of the trademark Hollywood sign.


So after that whole adventure we headed back to my friend's crib and I got a super quick power nap and then got ready and headed for Hollywoodville.  One of the stops we hit up was Wacko Toys/La Lus de Jesus Gallery, that place is crip.  There's ALL kinds of goodies to see in there.  The prices for urban figs aren't too bad in my opinion, I was able to get me a pair of Pete Fowler figs from there.



After Wacko, we then headed to Pandegus to watch "The Phantom of the Opera".  I gotta put it out there that this was a performance I've always wanted to see since high school.  I thought the music score was hella killer and I often would think what the show would look and sound like in person.  That moment finally came.  All in all, the performance was KILLER, from the singing, the costumes, the sets, the effects, etc.  I was totally into it from the beginning to the very end.


I had to crack up to myself, when I got into the theatre, I observed a whole lotta peopz were dressed up for the evening.  Me, I kept it real in true HaynMade fashion, Adidas track jacket, polo shirt, Kangol hat, jeans n Kicks, haha.


After the show I saw the opportunity to snap this pic...


After the show we headed on over to Mel's Diner to get some evening grub.


Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah...


And my friend got a ruben sandwich with chili fries...


And you know dessert had to happen, hot fudge sundae baby...


I thought it was hella cool too that Mel's had bottled mustard.


Man, it was one super unreal day, can't believe what a day of positivity it was.  What's even more trips is that there's still a few more adventures lines up.

No comments:

Post a Comment