Thursday, September 1, 2011

Swatch out...

Swatch out,

There were two what I consider huge releases on Kidrobot's behalf, one, Kidrobot's Gold Life Dunny series, an entire beautious batch of Dunnys all created from the mind of OG fig customizer n artist Huck Gee.  I'll be talking about that tomorrow.  The second release is a collab release from Kidrobot and Swatch, three words, mmm, hot, damn!

After hitting up Prototype to get my case and two-pack of Dunny's a fellow diehard collector Maki Maki and I passed the Swatch store, a couple of shops down.  I walked by, and Maki Maki was the one who pointed it out to me, "That's right today was also the release of the Kidrobot and Swatch collab."  I took a step back, check out the display and went right in.  I knew right off of the bat that I wanted the Joe Ledbetter design, because of it's simplicity, it was a must have for my collection.

There's a total of 8 Swatch and Dunny combo designs, and 1 Swatch only design designed by Kidrobot.  For the high rollers, there's a complete set (minus the pure white design) for $1500, which also includes a whopping 20 inch Dunny by Kozik.  For $100 and a sign up with the Kidrobot Swatch Club, you'll get an 8 inch yellow Kozik Dunny.  Below are all of the designs for the release.

Limited set...

Tic Toc Boom by SSUR...

The So Far Away by Jeremyville...

The Eyes are Watching by Tara McPherson...

Ski Instructor by Kozik...

Shout Out by Mad...

Midnight Magi by Gary Baseman...

Love Song by Tilt...

Bengali by Joe Ledbetter...

Dunny Exclusive by Triston Eaton...

So if you're thinking about getting a pair, I'd say do it, I was really impressed with the packaging, and for $70, that's a pretty right on price, $60 for the watch, $10 for the Dunny, if you really think about it.

Here's the beauty in the bag...

And here's the beauty in a simple box...

This is what it looks like with the white box opened...

With the booklet removed, there's sexy white tissue to hold in the contents...

And here's the sexiness with the booklets, waranty, etc...

I really really like the plastic casing of the watch n fig, here's a closer look...

A bird's eye view of the watch in fig in the case...

I like how there's special casing for the Dunny figure, sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment