Tuesday, June 4, 2013

HaynMade hits the states Day 1...

Man,

Can you imagine, it's been three years since I've been to the states.  Throughout those three years I've been here in the 808 workin' my bootay off.  For you loyal blog followers, my last trip to Cali was one of the first posts I blasted on here: http://haynmade.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-cali-haynmade-style.html

About two months prior to this trip, my good friend (I'm the godfather to her kiddies) gave me a ring and asked if I'd consider goin' up with her and my godson to help celebrate and help "set the stage" for her folks' 50th anniversary party up in Colorado.  

I was kinda hesitant, much due to the fact that during the summer, I usually keep my butt home, being that's the peak season of programs and what not throughout the state for my job.  Thanks to her persistance, she's been pushing me to make time for myself and really give myself the opportunity to kick my feet up.  She was also smart to have her folks (whom I love and respect like my own family) make the special request for me to help with their 50th anniversary party, and with such a request from such prestige and well-respected people, I jus' had to step to the plate.  

But man, I've been DYING for a lil vacay, and imagine, it's been over 10 years since I've ever taken a true vacation during the summer...amaze balls.  With permission from my big big boss, I stepped up to the travel opportunity with some good company and hit it up.  So thanks to the stepdad, came time for my trip I woke up nice n early and hit it on over to the airport to start my adventure.


Gosh, so there I was at my gate to the states, and I was happy to see they had made a few renovations.  One of the things that caught my eye was a Hawaiian star compass (used for Hawaiian navigation) that was installed jus' a few feet away from my gate, awesome stuff.


It was a packed but nice flight.  My godson totally crashed out and I dunno, I must have a hand fetish or something, but I jus' thought how it was cool that he held his mom's hand while he was in dreamland.


It was so nice to return to my friend's folks' home, it has such a nice and welcoming vibe to it.  You may remember my lil post about the place awhile back: http://haynmade.blogspot.com/2010/10/day-8-saying-goodbye-to-killer-home.html.  The difference this time to their place was that they were home to meet n greet me, good times.  I gotta say, their crib is soooooooo hella cool.  My friend's mom busted out some major nostalgia...

You gotta love it, she held on to her children's lunch boxes from way back, so friggen cool...


And who could turn down a nice bowl of homemade beef stew from good ole Aunty Trudi, awww yea, that's what I'm talkin' about...

The adventure at my friend's folks' crib continued, and there's jus' cool ish all over the place...

Including some ole school video games, including a pinball, yes, a pinball machine.  (Take note of the autographed pic of Tim Tebow, my godson's grandfather was the former defensive coach for the Gators and currently the defensive coach for the Buckeyes.)  I went ape ish when I saw this, the last time I flew up it was stored away
...

My eye also caught some old skool toys from when my friend and her siblings were growing up...



No comments:

Post a Comment