Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back to work, Part 1...

Before I left for vacation,

One of the college students I mentored contacted me to see if I'd be able to help him by writing a recommendation letter for a scholarship he was going for.  Being the helpful guy that I am, and a former college student myself in search of money, I knew I had to help the guy.

He's one cool guy.  He's part Hawaiian and spent a majority of his life (thus far) growing up in the states.  I can only imagine what that must be like, growing up Hawaiian but away from the islands...hmm.

But ya, I mentored the guy throughout the year, and I'm jus' hella proud of his many accomplishments.  He's an engineering major and at the beginning of the year he started off as a kinda shy guy, but throughout the year, I really got to see him grow as a person.  In coaching him as a mentor for my program's younger students he really got good at stepping to the plate and speaking to the students at a level that was attainable and understandable.

But upon returning to work, I was hella stoked to see that he got me a box full of goodies from good ole Trader Joe's, drool sauce, lol.  I was sure to share these delights with my fellow collaborator in my office.

But to you Mr. J, much thanks man!


No comments:

Post a Comment