Wednesday, July 17, 2013

HaynMade hits the states part 2, Day 8...

While my friend went to work,

I walked on over to Little Tokyo to check things out there n kill some time.  There was a bunch of nurseries there, so I stopped by at one of em, n being that it was the nice n sunny day that it was I snapped a bunch of photos.



I also checked out Giant Robot2, and they had a fig exhibit for artist Dehara Yukinori going on.  With the store person's permission I snapped away with the camera...




After my little walk around the town, I was hella hungry and had one thing on my mind, yellowtail n truffle oil sushi (n chicken teriyaki) from Sushi Stop, so that's where I went...again, lol.

By now I was hella stuffed, so I walked back home n crashed out, lol.  Not too long after my friend came home and let me know that we had dinner reservations at a restaurant where one of my other Cali buddies works.  I changed my clothes n then we jumped in my friend's car and headed on over to Lukshon.  

It's a pretty hip place, and food wise, besides poshy and tasty, it infuses flavors to me which are asian influenced.

First off we got the Hawaiian butterfish (sashimi), which had a mild watermelon vinegary taste to it...

Then it was the tea leaf salad, with cabbage, almonds, nuts, etc...

Soft shell crab...

Black rice...

Beef n broccoli...

Dandan noodles...

And then there was dessert, damn, I can't remember the name of this one, but it was soooo, good.  It jus' had tons of flavors goin' on in my mouth, with peaches, yogurt, and get this, friggen pop rocks!

And then there was one more final aha bang, miniature blondie brownies and passion gelatin squares...

And you all know I rarely post photos of faces, but I felt the need to acknowledge some of the people who helped make the magic happen in my mouth, n I also felt these shots came out way to great to pass up...

Chef Ted Hopson (featured in Top Chef)...

My buddy...

 Some of the other team playas...

And then finally, as if that wasn't enough, we went to get some crepes afterwards, lol...



No comments:

Post a Comment