Sunday, July 21, 2013

HaynMade hits the states part 2, Day 12...

My final days in San Diego came to an end today,

So I said goodbye to my buddies and made the trek back to LA.  On the way to, I stopped over to Ikea, one of my mos' fav places to get my shopping on.  Ya, I did some major damage there, lol.


And you gotta love how they set up rooms to lure you to buy all of their is, well, that tactic works, hahahaha...

I met up again with my LA friends and we headed on over to Laguna to check out the Festival of the Arts.  The Festival of the Arts is a pretty huge shindig where any art head would appreciate the ongoings there.  Within the festival itself, there's a lot of art exhibits, consignment stores and then there's always good places to eat.  It's held in a semi "well off community.

Here's my house, lol...

The first shindig we checked out was the Sawdust Fest, an event where artists sign up for a lottery and if they're selected they have the opportunity to (creatively) set up their work for people to admire n buy.

Check this out, I saw a Hawaiian quilt pattern apron there, cool stuff...

I was able to catch a bunch of amazing photos at this festival, including this statue below.  How many household items do you see here?


I thought this fountain was so hella cool.  Look how it naturally flows into a cone formation...

And as usual, there was the food.  We hit up Rock'n Fish some for AMAZING food.  We ordered watermelon salad, clam chowder, crab cakes, fish n chips, etc. AND THEN, there was...

This monster of a mudpie, look at how wicket this bad boy is!  It included this pecan almond thingy, coffee ice cream, chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup AND whipped cream, hot damn that was wicked!

After dinner we headed to Pageant Pictures Festival of Arts.  If you have an appreciation for art YOU HAVE to check this out.  Apparently it's an 80 year tradition where the themed evening has people recreating pieces of art.

We're talking real people folks.  From afar you can't even tell there's people on the stage, unreal stuff.  Oh and all of the people who "pose" for this huge event do it all for free.  Photos aren't allowed in the "Bowl" where the show is held (ya, my friend full on took this pic undercover) but here's a few samples of what I'm talking about based off of a few photos I found online from past shows.

And the "Last Supper" is done at the very end as part of the event's 80-year tradition, so hella cool...




No comments:

Post a Comment