Tuesday, July 16, 2013

HaynMade hits the states part 2, Day 7...

So it was time for my friend to get dropped off at LAX,

While I stayed back and met up with my friend at her workplace nearby.  But before doing so, we did a few errands.  We headed on over to the Crab Cooker first.  If seafood is your fancy this is the place to go, their prices are pretty reasonable too.  I had me some soup and a combo plate which had fish, scallops and shrimp on a skewer along with coleslaw and potatoes, mmm, good stuff.

After lunch we headed on over to grab some flowers and then headed on over to the graveyard.  A lot of 808 families do this, after a big event may it be during the holidays, after graduation, after a big birthday, families will go to the graveyard to pay their respects.  In my opinion I think it's a way to acknowledge those people before them which have allowed us to be here today.  But while I was there I got a few nice flower shots.

Not too long after that, it was time to say goodbye to my friend, n her folks.  I must say, it was kinda sad telling them goodbye, even though I knew I'd see them all again, but more so that the three 50th anniversary party "tour" finally came to an end.  Man, what a great adventure that was.

I hung out at my friend's workplace and then after that we headed to "Little Japan" near where she lives and got our dinner on at Sushi Stop.  Two words, "HOT DAMN!"  We dove into some killer sushi that had a lil twist to what I was used to back at home.

Yellowtail ahi with truffle oil, oh man this was my fav!

Dynamite sushi...

Some salmon dynamite sushi...

Salmon skin salad...

Rice cake sushi...

Crunchy sushi...

As if that wasn't enough, we then went to Cool Haus for dessert, oh man, RIDICULOUS!  Apparently these guys are known for their wild ice cream flavors which you can have as an ice cream sandwich with your choice of cookie flag, or you can jus' have ice cream or you can jus' have a cookie or few if you want.  

I went all out n got me a two story ice cream sandwich complete with chocolate chip cookie, beer n pretzels ice cream, chocolate chip cookie, chicken n waffles n chocolate chip cookie, mmm bomb diggity.

My stomach was hella super uber full, so after that adventure of food sin we headed on home and called it a night.

*Snore*


No comments:

Post a Comment