Wednesday, November 12, 2014

HaynMade hits up Cali Day 6...

The Cali adventure nearly wraps up,

And we started off the day at John o' Groats.  This time I went for their ham and eggs and their bacon n cheese biscuits.  And yup, again Mr. 'O Groats didn't disappoint.

Then it was off to Melrose.  I noticed this time around it wasn't as busy as it usually is.  Also along those lines, it was kind've a bummer to not see Kidrobot and Munky King.  What was nice to see as usual was the street art.

And then there was art by one of my favs Mr. David Flores...

I also didn't realize, Pink's was literally right around the corner...

Along Melrose, I got to stop at TAG, Toy Art Gallery...

And then I walked over to Gallery 1988, got me a few prints and checked out Bob Dob's  show, which had jus' opening a few days before...


I shoulda bought this, ugh...

And in another studio nearby, I friggen loved these pieces...


And then the ultimate experience of the evening was going to the theatre for $75, lol yep, I said it, $75.  My buddy booked a reservation at iPic Theater, man I still can't get over the experience of it all.


Right off the bat I was very impressed with the "look" and ambiance of the theater.  The check-in area of the theater was very much like what you would find at a hotel check-in area.  There was a team of friendly staff all suited up and ready to assist.  My friend gave one of the staff our name and we we were guided by our hostess to our theater.  The photo below shows the hallway leading to the theaters, to the left beyond the "Maleficent-thorned wall" was the restaurant.

Check out the entry to the theater, unreal.  There was about three floors of theaters, with an escalator to take you to your level.


Our hostess sat us down at our seats.  Lemme mention that the seats were leather electronic recliners complete with pillow and blanket...unreal.  What was also impressive was the fact that the theater probably had no more than 50 leather recliner seats so that everyone could get comfy.  Shortly after we were seated, our personal waitress came to us and gave us a nice welcoming and brief orientation on how to use our personal iPad to put in our order.  Yes, an iPad for our personal luxury where we didn't need to get up to grab our food.   We went ahead and put in our order for our drinks.  My friend got her a coke (if I remember correctly) and I got me a fancy shmancy strawberry lemonade thing, yummers.

Quickly we put in our appetizer order for tempura string beans and salmon tartar, friggen unreal...

We then put in our order for our meal.  My friend got her a French onion dip sandwich and I got me a lobster roll, both came with truffle oil french fries.  Sorry gang I so wish I was able to take pics of our meal, but I didn't want to disturb the other people in the theater.

Oh in case you're wondering we watched Interstellar.  It was an okay movie, but the 3 hour length of the movie made the experience worthwhile.  After the movie was done we had to use the restroom.  Again, very impressive...

And then here's a pic of the concession stand, how's dem apples?!  And ya your eyes are not deceiving you, the concession stand is also a complete bar.


Even the candies are fancy.  Note, how they are all packed in acrylic boxes and if you look closely, the purple candies has the iPic logo, unreal...

Man, so many impressive things in that theater, there were comfy lounger seats in the lounge area and even presidential security complete with the earpieces patrolling.  If you're a movie goer and looking for a unique experience, you gotta check out iPic Theaters!  

Special shoutout to my Cali twin for an awesome experience!



















No comments:

Post a Comment