Thursday, July 30, 2015

Still alive and off to another adventure...Day 9...

Day 9,

So we're on day 9, all of our college visits are done!  To celebrate the ending of our college tour we headed on over to Pantages to check out Phantom of the Opera.  But before doing so...

We saw a few stars...

And I also saw this cool icon...

And the niece, my friend and her friend all met up for lunch before the show at Katsuya, a really nice poshy Japanese restaurant not to far away from the Panteges...

Check out this ridiculous decor...

And while we were there they were preparing 1000 eggs for a food festival that same day...

And then there was the food, oh man, killer...

Miso soup and green salad...

I had their chirashi box bento, winnerz...

My niece had this amazing salad...

For dessert she had mochi ice cream...

And I had sweet bread pudding, amaze balls...

Then it was time for Phantom of the Opera.  In the lobby they had a few pieces for display...

Some interior of the Pantages, beautiful...
 In all honesty, this Phantom was good, but I liked the older one better.  This one had new sets and costumes, but I very much would have preferred to see the old Masquerade scene with the stairway and all of those unreal costumes.  The costumes for this year's Masquerade scene were...meh...

And there was this cool dude...

And my ultimate fav, graff work in the streets...

Later we arrived back in our turf in Sawtelle, hmm, who's this dude?

And we hit it to Bachi Burger, owned by a former Hawai'i chef from Roy's who started up his own restaurant.  Here's my kalbi burger, yummerz...

As if that wasn't enough we went to BSweet for some dessert, lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment