Friday, August 16, 2013

Bday celebration day 2...

Day to of the Bday celebration,

Another good one of my friends Soopamaria808 gave me a ring n we booked it for a day of adventure. First one the list was breakfast at Cafe Kaila.  After our hour+ wait we sat at the counter.  I had me an omelet and my friend had a waffle n some coffee.


Before goin' to the movies to watch Wolverine 2 (of which I thought was okay), we stopped at my friend's friend's place.  It was so super cool there.  My friend's husband is a master welder/artist who makes art out of reusable materials.  The pic below is his front gate with painted spinning fan blades.

Iside of his home was a number of pieces he did, all welded with scrap metal...

Then there was this piece, which I thought was the bomb diggity, it reminded me of steampunk art...

And in one of the bedrooms he showed me this super cool lamp.  Do you see the hanger base?  Unreal...

After the movies we headed on to Koko Marina and I took a few shots there...

And then had some Thai grub for dinner at Maile's Thai Bistro.  We had us some stuffed chicken wings, pad thai, minced meat salad, spring rolls and a mixed seafood and vegetables dish, hella yummy...

For my bday, my buddy hooked me up with a brand spankin' new backpack, yee haw!  So much thanks Soopamaria808 for the killer food, bday gift and the popped button in my shorts, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment