Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Part 2: Huge graff collab hits Honolulu Community College...

When I got home this evening,

I was catching up on my Twitter feeds and read that both Estria and Prime posted some vids on Youtube regarding the mural that they did at Honolulu Community College.  It was hella cool learning about what they had to share with their vision for this massive project, you can just imagine me soaking it all up.



These guys REALLY did their homework, I can't emphasize that enough.  Estria shared a bunch of insightful information on Hawai'i's ahupua'a (land division) system.  He also shared some tidbits of info on some of Hawai'i's fish, you gotta hear/watch his explanation.  There was a bunch of interpretations that I got dead on, and a bunch of stuff that my very own eyes missed, that Estria and Prime explains in each of their videos.  Friggen unreal.


Prime also shares his mana'o (ideas/thoughts) on the mural.  I don't want to say too much, but I'll just throw in some keywords "Iao Needle Valley, Crown Lands,  and heart."  Oh man, now that I look at the mural again, I'm super floored.  You gotta watch the vids below to completely understand what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment