Saturday, September 14, 2013

Hittin' it off at San Fran, part 3...

Came day 3 of my adventure,

I had slept in a little later than usual due to the previous day's hella fun adventure.  My friend called me and my roomie (aka my godson) up to join my friend and the rest of the gang in their room for some dim sum they grabbed in Chinatown nearby in Oakland.   Mmm, gooooood stuff.

Look fun/chow fun...

Fried rice...

Assorted dim sum...

After our breakfast sesh at the hotel, we then booked it on over to UC Berkley for the Ohio State vs. Berkley football game.  Aside from our Hawai'i games, this was the first time I had attended a collegiate game of any kind, let alone in this capacity. 

One thing I noticed right off of the bat at the fringes of UC Berkley's campus were all of the frat/sorority homes, unreal stuff...

One thing for sure, Berkley is a really nice campus...

Near the coliseum there was an area they called their "tailgate" area, complete with food vendors, displays and interactive games...

On our way to Berkley, in the corner of my I was stoked to see Upper Playground, so I walked about three blocks over to get a lil shopping on...

It was game on in the coliseum...

All I know is Ohio state fans are diehards, they filled at least half (to my personal observation) of the Cali stadium, unreal...

It was quite exciting, before the starting of the game coach Urban Meyer did a final talk with the boys...

And then it was time for their pre-game ritual, hella cool stuff...

And then the band brought it on, damn they're the bomb dignity...

And oh yea, you gotta love stadium food...

In a nutshell, Ohio played it and played it well...

 And ya, they won, lol...

Gotta love the stadium sunset, ooo la la...

After the game we headed off to Art's Crab Shak.  I REALLY loved this place, it was so friggen awesome.  It had a rustic vibe to it.

What cracked me up was as we all sat down in the restaurant, I noticed on the wall that there was a wake for "Pops" earlier on at the restaurant.  (I'm thinking Pops was perhaps the original guy behind Art's, I was just wondering where did Pops go, lol.)

I checked out the jukebox, n hot damn the music selection was hella awesome.  There was Michael Jackson, Afrika Boombaataa, Luther Vandross, etc.  And how's this, there was even REMIXES, hahaha, friggen awesome!

As I said, the food at Art's is the bomb diggity.  There was shrimp cocktail, with this off the wall hot cocktail sauce, hot damn it was good...

Then there was my meal, shrimp and crab cakes, yummerz...

And the kicker of the evening was this pile of crabs, complete with a healthy heaping of mushrooms and garlic...

Restaurant decor...

After dinner was said n done, we headed back to our hotel n then it was time for some room service for some dessert.  On the list there was key lime pie, bread pudding and brownies, oh yea baby...

Whew quite the adventure.  It was time for us to check out of our hotel in Oakland, and then head for our next hotel near the Wharf...


No comments:

Post a Comment