Friday, September 13, 2013

Hittin' it off at San Fran, part 2...

So came Friday morning,

I woke up to the sunshine peering through my hotel room's curtains and got myself all ready for the day.  I had some time to kill before my buddies and their family arrived at the hotel so I decided to explore the town around my hotel.


It just so happen, that it was the town's Farmer's Market, hella cool stuff.  I was trippin' at all of the goodies they had for sale, we're talking from flowers, to fruits to pasta.  The colors were off the hook...

More photos from the city...

I love this bw photo...


Eventually my friends and their fam bam made it to the hotel, and got checked in.  It wasn't too much later that we caught a taxi to check out Alcatraz.  I was kinda stoked for this adventure, being that it was my first time checkin' out and learning about the historical significance of this place.

Some photos from the ferry...

 And then we landed on Alcatraz.  Along with its unreal history, are the unreal places to snap photos, man I was in heaven...

Another killer bw photo I took...


A photo of the bay area from Alcatraz...

The Alcatraz Water Tower...

From one of the jail cells...

A photo from the Alcatraz library area...

The Alcatraz cell hall...

The Alcatraz Cafeteria...

The outside Alcatraz Recreational Area...

Bay view from Alcatraz...

Photos of the prison from the outdoor recreational area...

Man, I love these bw's...

If you look kinda closely, you see those "dash" markings and then those cement covered holes.  Well apparently these were where grenades were dropped during one of the most infamous Alcatraz prisoner takeovers...

Alcatraz Lighthouse...

Alcatraz warden's home...

Bay view...

A couple more bw's.  (Take note of the photo below, it's a hole that was actually dug by one of the Alcatraz prisoners in an attempt to escape.)...

After that adventure was done, we headed on over to Fisherman's Wharf for some grubbage.  On our way over, I saw this cool sculpture.

It was time to get our eat on at the Fog Harbor Fish House.  My godson ordered a Shirley Temple, whew, this place don't play, lol...

Bluecheese bread...

Clam chowder...

Shrimp salad...

 Salmon with garlic mashed potatoes...

Wharf photos...

After a day of adventure we caught the "bart" aka subway back to our hotel...

You gotta love it, it was quite the day of adventure, good food and killer photo op's!

No comments:

Post a Comment