Saturday, June 4, 2011

Class of 2011 rocks it...

The Class of 2011 rocks it,

And that's where I was, at a high school graduation for my friend's daughter.  I must say, it was a pretty nice graduation, complete with singing and what I would consider inspirational speeches from both students and staff alike.

Here in Hawai'i, graduations are HUGE.  It's part of the local culture here that family and friends all attend graduations to show support and completely deck out graduates with leis that pile up so high on their shoulders that their faces are barely recognizable, gotta love it. 

But yup, as I sat there during the ceremony, it was a trip, my mind traveled back in time with good memories.  My friend's daughter and I had some good convo's, about her crushes, video game discussions about Kingdom of Hearts, and who could forget about our trip to Disneyland (http://haynmade.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-10-20T00%3A47%3A00-10%3A00&max-results=7).  It's a trip to see her go into another phase of her life, up next, college for her, whew, I'm getting old, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment