Sunday, April 17, 2011

A day to lax a lil...

So today was a day to lax a lil,

After a crazy week of hospital visits, children watching and the prom.  So I chilled at my friend's folks' condo with my friend and her family and my niece.  It was pretty nice.  Being the uncle that I am, the kiddies wanted to go to the pool, so while they were swimming, I saw this as the perfect opportunity to snap some pics.

Strike a pose...

I've been at the condo a couple of times, but I didn't realize there's some killer art.  I spotted two murals, one entitled "Birth of Hawai'i."  This mural depicts the Hawaiian legend of how Maui the demigod pulled up the Hawaiian Islands with his magic fishhook.  I included two photos so you can see just how huge this mural is.

The other pic I took was of another mural entitled "Arrival of Kamehameha" which depicts King Kamehameha as the ruler of the Hawaiian Islands.

I also took this pic of the koi fish in the condo's Zen garden area...

And yup, good ole figure pics around the condo's premises...

No comments:

Post a Comment