Monday, January 24, 2011

First time ever...

Good ole Lofa asked,

If I wanted to be part of the Mutants, Misfits and the Mighty show he was curating.  This was the first time ever that I've been in a full on art show, so I felt especially honored to be a part of a killer heavy hitter list of talent.

So being the collector I am, I had to bring the "toy" element to the show, even though I'm not a huge Star Wars collector.  Jus' a few interesting tid bits...As best as I could with the points of articulation in the figures, I was trying to make the figures look as natural as possible.  Like even with Darth's cape, I had to use a toothpick to get his cape positioned just right.  And then there's the whole black background scheme I like to use, jus' cuz I really like shadows.  And ya, I had to play off of the whole "good vs evil" theme, like in a number of comics and stories.

So here's the pics I took, and submitted for the show...

No comments:

Post a Comment